“Every Kid is Special, Unique and Different”.
2-year old Aditi is playfully reciting alphabet while 3-year old Akshay is struggling with the Alphabet along with his mother.
Why is the 3-year old having a difficult time while a 2-year old is nailing them ?
Isn’t this the story of every home? Isn’t this the struggle of every mother?
The solution to this problem lies in understanding your kid. Every kid is unique & so, is their learning style. Parents should make an effort to understand the learning style of their kids to develop them into a unique individual. It is not too difficult to decode this simple aspect & unlock their brains to greater potentials. After all, we all know that Thomas Edison was shunned off his school by the teachers while his mother turned him into a genius by discovering his hidden learning skills.
The learning styles of kids are broadly classified into 3 categories namely Auditory (based on hearing), Visual (based on seeing) and Kinesthetic (based on movement).
- Auditory (based on hearing) – Kids learn new things by hearing it often.
- Quickly remembers the words from stories and songs.
- Repeats overheard words and sentences.
- Learns more from the way we talk
- Visual (based on seeing) – Kids learn and remember better when they see it.
- Excited by photos, illustrations and videos.
- Remembers how to do things from the way others have done it.
- Prefers to see what they are learning.
- Kinesthetic (based on movement) – Kids learn best through hands-on activities and movement. They like to be involved in the learning & the doing process.
- Likes to move around while listening or talking or watching.
- Likes to touch things in order to learn about them.
Do not worry about the learning style your kid prefers. To make your day easier, ABC Learn team has developed a product which caters to all the learning styles. ABC Learn (Any Baby Can Learn) Augmented Reality Flash Cards involve movement of hands, phonics & visual learning. All you need is a smart phone (or) a tab with ABC Learn app (app link here) and a set of ABC Learn flash cards powered with augmented Reality. When you point camera to a flashcard, kids will be excited to see the objects come to life. They can hear it, see it and make it move at the touch of buttons. Kids would love to learn their first words in a fun way with these AR magic cards.
You can purchase the ABC Learn flash cards from the following links.